This afternoon, Radio 1 played Love Is Not Control by To Kill a King.
A few minutes ago, they played their “hottest song in the world”: Distant Past by Everything Everything.
As far as I know, those two songs only have one thing in common… Their music video is me beating somebody up.
Distant Past was a ridiculous amount of fun to film and, as a fan of the band, an unforgettable experience for me. It’s also a great song and a lot of fun to watch!
Distant Past is the first single from Everything Everything’s forthcoming album, Get To Heaven, due to be released on June 15th.
John, vocalist for the band and director of the music video (and lovely man), cemented himself as a fantastic human being when he said this of the new album:
“People are not going to know what the fuck to do with it, and I don’t care cos I think it’s awesome.”
That – coming from a band as successful as Everything Everything – is unbelievably refreshing to hear.
Filming this video took part during one of my 41-hour long days, which have been necessary to get me through the sheer number of deeds I’m trying to cram into 2015.
6 weeks into 2015 and the list of deeds is looking like this:
- The 2000-mile Jose Cuevo UK promotional tour is complete.
- My second Lucha Britannia show of 2015 is this Friday.
- I took part in a freezing cold Tough Guy at the end of January.
- The concepts behind Gay Bum’s new album are firming up…
- Darrell and I exhibited our new comic at True Believers, Cheltenham
- Bowa Town’s sound is developing and turning MIGHTY!
- My soon-to-be-published book is reaching the final stages of design and edit.
- My top secret project is also progressing, bit by bit.
- I’m off to Cuba in 3 weeks time!
Hopefully more people need stuntmen who look like wrestlers and/or cavemen!