Today is the weekend and, here in Queensland, that means the pace of life slows down even more than usual. It is almost stationary…and blissful.
I sleep in and we head out for a late breakfast at the Edge cafe. It is amougnst the most expensive breakfasts I have even eaten, but also amoungst the most delicious. Poached eggs, sweet potato cakes and a mountain of bacon all feature and are devoured in moments.
I even drink a smoothe made with Acai berries, which apparently give you super powers (specifically the ability not to feel huge remorse for paying $8 for some frozen berries smashed into a pulp).
It is worth the uppercut to the finances – breakfast is one of life’s greatest things. In fact, here is a disjunctive and exact list of the Nine Best Things:
- Feasting: especially mighty breakfasts
- Stopping for cakes: especially in the midst of chaos
- Drinking: especially coffee, rum, whisky and craft beer
- Feats of Strength and Endurance: especially lifting things many times your own size
- Bleak and honourable photography: especially atop mountains
- Crafting stuff: especially using other, more valuable stuff
- Fighting: especialy the nobles arts of Punch Face, Grappling and, of course, Grip
- Revelry: especially singing and stamping
- Conquoring things: especially things with cool names or bad reputations)
If you include breakfast (or feasting on the whole), there are essentially the nine tenants of the Guild.
After breakfast, we are off to see a coffee plantation! I have seen a cacao planation in Ghana, so this will be a nice comparrison and an excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon.